Long before it became a theme park, Knott’s Berry Farm built its reputation on food – chicken dinners, jams, preserves and more. It’s the birthplace of the boysenberry AND totally fun and unique dining. One of many Season Pass perks is experiencing all the park food options available, from Knott’s cookies to jams to cinnamon rolls!
When you purchase a 2017 Knott’s Berry Farm Season Pass, give it a workout with this list of top five food items down on the farm to guide you:
1. Fried Chicken – Mrs. Knott’s original recipe is still diligently followed at the restaurant that bears her name (Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant) and is a Southern California favorite. Crispy and golden brown, this diner’s delight has been satisfying taste-buds since 1934 and was the inspiration for Knott’s Berry Farm as a theme park, if you can believe it! Back in the day, wait times for these popular chicken dinners were so long that Walter Knott added Ghost Town to entertain the waiting patrons. And the park kept expanding from there from there.
2. Biscuits – Simply described as heaven on a plate, the biscuits that accompany the chicken dinners at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant are indeed sublime. Fluffy, soft, warm bundles of culinary joy. While unsure of the exact recipe, we’re sure there’s divine intervention during the baking.
3. Boysenberry Everything! – The boysenberry was conceived of and flourished at Knott’s Berry Farm back in 1932. Today, it’s a cornerstone of many favorite food items created at Knott’s, from the delectable boysenberry pie to the famed boysenberry punch. And the best time of year to sample and celebrate this remarkable little piece of produce is during the annual Knott’s Berry Farm Boysenberry Festival, where the dozens of unique, limited-time dishes, like short-ribs and wine, have a boysenberry influence.
4. Jams and Preserves – Knott’s Berry Farm actually did start out as a farm and, in addition to boysenberries, became known for delicious jams, jellies and preserves. Today you can still get those very same jams, jellies, and preserves at Knott’s, sold under the “Berry Market” label. The boysenberry preserves, which features chunks of juicy berries, is our current favorite.
5. Giant Cinnamon Roll – Found at the Ghost Town Bakery, this mountain of gooey-goodness is ENORMOUS. Certainly not for the faint-of-heart, this bakery item can easily feed two and can be topped with your choice of maple, cream cheese, sugar icing or nuts. After one bite you’ll be convinced that you CAN eat the whole thing!
No matter your culinary tastes, you’re sure to find something to satisfy your palate at Knott’s Berry Farm, the theme park built on food! And don’t forget to utilize your 2017 Knott’s Berry Farm Season Pass for the dining discounts.
Throughout the year, there’s almost always a new Season of Fun going on. From summer to Knott’s Spooky Farm to Knott’s Merry Farm, every Season of Fun brings new seasonal food offerings, live shows and special park décor. Don’t miss a Season of Fun by becoming a Season Passholder now!
Check out all #KBF100Reasons to own a Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass!
Post a Comment
How to celebrate Snoopy's Birthday at Knott's Berry Farm
New Details About Knott’s Scary Farm’s 45th Season Exclusively Unveiled At Midsummer Scream
Ghost Town Alive! in 360°
This Is Why You Should Celebrate The Fourth of July At Knott's Berry Farm
Top 10 Reasons To Get A Season Pass | Knotts Berry Farm
The Catawampus of Calico is Missing!
Adventures Await in the Lively Town of Calico As Ghost Town Alive! Returns to Knott's this Summer
100 Reasons to own a Season Pass: #5 No Blackout Dates
100 Reasons to own a Season Pass: #68 To Create New Memories Each Season
100 Reasons to own a Season Pass: #13 Become a Foodie with the tastes of Knott's Culinary History