This week on the Knott's Berry Blog, we'll be continuing our weekly series where we feature each one of our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors. Our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors are part of a yearly program where we work with prominent local bloggers who have a passion for all things Knott's!
This week we'll be featuring Family Review Guide.
Link to Outlet:
Tell Us About Your Outlet:
Family Review Guide is a family lifestyle blog that curates the best attractions, travel spots, restaurants, and events based on first-hand experiences. We have a strong focus on amusement parks and love to highlight exemplary members of the community in our "Shine OC" series.
Tell Us About Yourself:
Hey there! I'm Melodi, also known as "Mel" or "Mels," and Family Review Guide is my little corner of the internet! I am a huge Foodie and also write a restaurant review website called Eat Drink OC. I live in South Orange County with my husband and three kids, where we love to keep active by playing tennis, going on hikes, spending time at amusement parks, and going out to eat. My other favorite things in life are a big plate of pad Thai, my friends, and riding roller coasters. I am a big adrenaline junkie, so the bigger and faster the adventure, the happier I am! Recently I have become an unexpected chef thanks to the Covid-19 quarantine, so I am determined to try making some of my favorite Knott's foods at home. I have bought a smoker, an air fryer and a pressure cooker, so I am sure I will come up with a lot of delicious recipes and some terrible ones...and I will keep trying to make them better
Other things you should know about me are that I am left-handed, and I love to stay up late. I am the most creative after 11 pm at night. I am obsessed with sunsets and enjoy watching them from my backyard nightly. I also love cruises, the beach, and researching travel spots. I'm happiest when I'm with my family or hanging upside down on a coaster.
Favorite Knott's Memory:
My favorite Knott's memory is definitely experiencing" HangTime" with my 8-year-old daughter for her first time. I wrote an entire article about it here:
Top Three Must Do's for People Visiting the Park:
There are so many must do's for people visiting Knott's, but my top three recommendations are as follows:
- Watch Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies.
- Try a seasonal Funnel Cake. They are enormous.
- Take an old fashioned photo in the Pitchur Gallery.
Any Fun Tips for People Visiting the Park:
- Stop for a chat with "Sad Eye Joe." He is located right behind the Sheriff's Office in a little building
- that has jail posted on it.
- Get a Birthday button at the customer service desk by Ghostrider.
- Get a hitching (marriage) license at Judge Roy Beans for $15 complete with a certificate!
- Listen to the beating heart in the Ghost Town Cemetery. You can feel it beat when standing in the grave.
- Watch the Koi in the pond next to Mystery Lodge.
- Get and cut a geode in the geode shop.
- Watch the blacksmith make horseshoes.
All Of Our Favorites
Season of Fun: Knott's Scary Farm
Peanuts Character: Snoopy
Show: Crazy Kirk and the Hillbillies
Food Item: Carne Asada Fries
Merchandise item: Boysenberry Cobbler Mix