This week on the Knott's Berry Blog, we'll be continuing our weekly series where we feature each one of our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors. Our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors are part of a yearly program where we work with prominent local bloggers who have a passion for all things Knott's!
This week we'll be featuring On The Go OC.
Link to Outlet
Tell us about your outlet:
We are family-friendly exploring theme parks, things to do, places to go, foods to eat, and new travel trips. Love coverage if one of our favorite things to do while out & about.
We also are able to make the most out of each adventure with an autism-friendly perspective and share what helps our son and family on each outing.
Tell us about yourself:
I'm a mom, wife, ex motorcycle industry corporate boss lady, foodie & thrillist. I love to travel, try new foods, celebrate culture, and do all these things with my family. I was raised in OC visiting Knott's since I was a kid with my brother and parents, now I visit with my family too. I played college soccer & loved it. In between being a soccer mom now myself, I love attending Girl Scout events, volunteering, and being part of our community.
Favorite Knott's Memory:
I loved visiting with my parents and brother when I was little all through the years until today. We even attended my dad's friend's wedding in the late 80s at the Chappel by the Lake(now across the street). We lost my mom 13 years ago and I love bringing my dad back to keep making memories while we remember moments of the past and celebrate them at Knott's. I think my favorite memory is now a new one, a few years ago when my dad visited with us and took part in Ghost Town Alive! He loves the wild west so much, he played along, mixed right in, and even helped share the news from the Ghost Town Gazette. I can not wait to return with our whole family to celebrate his 78th birthday and Knott's 100th!
Top Three Must Do's for People Visiting the Park:
- Ride your favorite rides but explore the History too. Visit Ghost Town City Hall, the School House, and much more during special events & seasonal fun during the year.
- Eat lots of stuff! It depends on the season and festivities but there are tasty treats year-round on-site and at the Marketplace in front outside of the park.
- Enjoy the shows. Make time to see a few of the all-time favorites or new shows too. I love seeing the look on my kid's faces when they get into the entertainment.
Any Fun Tips for People Visiting the Park:
- Go early and stay late… that is just cause we can never get enough! But really here are a few tips.
- Autism-friendly. See guest services & let them know your situation. Special needs of any request can be handled here too. Very kind and accommodating appropriately for each situation.
- If you arrive at opening start to the right of the park. Most people seem to head left through Ghost Town! Try heading right and take a spin on Sidewinder first.
- Look into the season pass. Knott's is family-friendly and family affordable. My husband and I had passes before we were married and have them now with two kiddos. It's great for family time, date nights, summer Soak City fun, and seasonal festivities you won't want to miss.
All Of Our Favorites
Season of Fun: Oh I love them all, but I think because Boysenberry Festival reminds me so much of my mom, I love it dearly. But.. this past year brought my love for Scary Farm to a new level when my 12.5 year old reminded me I promised her she could attend Scary Farm at the same age I did! Of experience was epic.. video on my YouTube too.
Peanuts Character: Snoopy of course, but my kids love Pig Pen & Lucy! As a family we have a spot for Olaf.. he's so fluffy!
Ride/Attraction: Hangtime is my number 1 right now... our whole family loves Silver Bullet.
Show: I love any of the Snoopy on Ice renditions. They remind me of my youth and my kids & husband love the shows too. When they smile it makes me smile.
Food Item: Boysenberry Pie and Mrs. Knotts Chicken are my overall go-to favorites. I have been known to drive over just to pick up to-go; they are Classics. But I will take anything during Boysenberry Festival hands down and when the Summer Nights tasting card comes about, sign me up and don't ask me to share… I'll have too because I'm nice, but I won't really want to! Ha!
Merchandise Item: I absolutely love all of the seasonal sweatshirts and hoodies! Perfect for summer nights late into the entertainment and for winter when it gets cooler earlier and you don't want to leave.