I like to wander through the Knott’s Marketplace looking for a delicious treat to take home with me every time I visit the park. Thanks to my Season Pass, that’s something that I do quite a bit. In my shopping ventures, I’ve found that the best place to shop for treats is Berry Market—located next to Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant.
Berry Market is home of the world's largest selection of Knott's Berry Farm's signature jams and jellies, flavored coffees, and gourmet foods. It’s also the perfect spot to stock up on gifts. Nothing says, “I love you” like homemade fudge, am I right?
You’ll be hard-pressed to decide on just one treat with so many delicious and unique choices at Berry Market. That’s why we did some of the legwork and found nine must-have treats at Berry Market that we’re sure you’ll love just as much as we do.
1. Homemade Fudge – One of two treats made on the premises. Knott’s homemade fudge is available in a variety of flavors, including boysenberry. You’ll find that sometimes they have a special where you purchase four fudge squares and get two free.
2. Boysenberry Coffee – One can smell the coffee as soon as you step in through the doors. Each pound of coffee is only $16.99 and available in decaf as well as regular. Pick some up and wake up to the sweet smell of boysenberry.
3. Boysenberry Chocolate Bar – This one is a kid-pleaser. The sweetness of the boysenberry complements the chocolate and makes for an easy, mess-free treat on your way home from Knott’s Berry Farm.
4. Knott’s Pancake Mix – Use this mix for a weekday breakfast treat. It’s available in different flavors, but my personal favorite is buttermilk. This classic flavor can’t be beat, and it pairs well with…
5. Berry Market Syrup – Made in a similar fashion as the Berry Market Preserves (see below), this syrup is cooked in small batches with fresh fruits. They’re available for just under $10 a bottle, and worth every penny. The syrup is thick, so you’ll find yourself using less of it. It is absolutely delicious.
6. Berry Punch – Our family loves making berry punch at home with this concentrated mix. Simply mix it with some water, and it’s done. Come up with your own creations to make it your own. Maybe add some lemonade?
7. Knott’s Butter Varieties – I was initially attracted to the apple butter because of its label. It looks very rustic, homemade, and coupled with a cute spreader, makes for an easy teacher’s gift.
8. Berry Market Preserves – I saved the best for last. Berry Market Preserves is a tradition that began in 1920 with Walter and Cordelia. Knott’s continues this tradition by making their preserves in the home-style tradition—cooked in small batches and using fresh fruits cooked quickly to capture their smooth, sweet flavor. All preserves are produced in California and made with cane sugar, fruit, water, lemon juice, and pectin. The recipe is simple, they are available in a large variety of flavors (the boysenberry is a must-must-have), and the quality is unbeatable. My favorite way of using the preserves is by swirling them into the cheesecake. It kicks a simple cheesecake up a notch.
Whatever you purchase, make sure to show them your Season Pass to save 10% or 20% on your purchase, depending on the level of your pass. You can even stop by while you’re running errands or on your lunch break thanks to the one-hour free parking available to Marketplace patrons. Bump up that time limit to three hours if you purchase something at the Marketplace and show your receipt upon exit. Have fun discovering new favorites!