This week, July 16 - 22, is Autism Awareness Week at Knott's Berry Farm, in partnership with the Autism Society of America. Here is some additional information to make the most of your visit.
First Aid and Quiet/Sensory Rooms
First Aid (Located across from the GhostRider exit, available year round)
- First Aid can be used as a rest/quiet area, staffed by medical professionals who can assist with your visit. First Aid can store medication for your convenience and have available noise canceling headphones for use.
Dedicated Quiet Room
- There is a dedicated Quiet Room located behind Sweet Treats in Ghost Town next to Sad Eye Joe.
This space provides a quiet area for families, as well as sensory tools to interact with.
It features soft & calming color tones, special lighting, and seating.
Noise canceling headphones, sensory toys, and blankets are available for use.
Camp Snoopy (available year round)
- Camp Snoopy Nursing Station (Located across from Timberline Twister)
The Sensory Room is available during park operating hours to all guests.
CAMPTIVITIES (in the Camp Snoopy Theater in Camp Snoopy)
A special low audio level performance at 1:00 p.m.
Join Charlie Brown and the Peanuts Gang for fun camp activities in this interactive play time.
Ghost Town Alive! (10:00am-5:30pm throughout Ghost Town)
Ghost Town Alive! in the summer interactive entertainment experience that offers safe interactions with friendly citizens of Calico.
Cleverly Cathryn explains how her daughter found Ghost Town Alive! to be very fun for their family.
As a wild west themed event, Ghost Town Alive! does feature simulated gunshots at the following times and locations:
9:55 AM – Main Street
10:10 AM – Sheriff’s Office
10:15 AM – Town Hall
11:00 AM – Sheriff’s Office
11:05 AM – Town Hall
11:10 AM – Sheriff’s Office
11:50 AM – Sheriff’s Office
12:10 PM – Town Hall
1:00 PM – Bank of Calico
2:30 PM – Sheriff’s Office
2:40 PM – Calico Park
3:30 PM – Town Hall
4:15 PM – Town Hall
5:30 PM – Calico Park
Vegan and Gluten-Free menus are available at several locations throughout Knott's Berry Farm year round including Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant, Sutter's Grill, Ghost Town Grill, Johnny Rockets, Boardwalk BBQ and more. Please ask your server for assistance.
• All French fries served are gluten-free
• All meats (beef, pork, chicken) in Fiesta Village are gluten-free
• Beef Burgers and Beef Hot Dogs are gluten-free (no wheat filler)
• Corn tortilla in Fiesta Village used for tacos are gluten-free
• All burger and hot dog buns can be substituted for gluten free
• All pizza locations offer gluten-free or vegetarian pizza
• Most locations have Caesar Salad with the option for vegan dressing
• Fresh fruit available at Boardwalk BBQ, Wilderness Cart, Camp Snoopy Cart, Grizzly Creek Lodge
The following rides and attractions utilize strobing, quickly moving lights or lighting effects:
- Calico Mine Ride
- Pony Express
- Silver Bullet
- Timber Mountain Log Ride
- Voyage to the Iron Reef
- Calico's Mountain Jamboree at the Calico Mine Stage (evening show)
All of this information is available to download in this printable guide.
Discounted tickets for Autism Week are available here. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Autism Society of America.
KidTrack - A wristband program which assists guests and park personnel in reuniting groups should they become separated. Available at Guest Services
Parent Swap - Allows one parent to ride while another parent waits with the child. When the ride is complete, the parents swap child responsibility at the exit and the other parent can ride the attraction.
Enjoy your visit!