This week on the Knott's Berry Blog, we'll be continuing our weekly series where we feature each one of our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors. Our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors are part of a yearly program where we work with prominent local bloggers who have a passion for all things Knott's!
This week we'll be featuring Rockin Mama
Link to Outlet:
Tell Us About Your Outlet:
Rockin' Mama is a lifestyle resource for the modern parent and covers food, travel, entertainment, technology, and events with a hyperlocal focus. Rockin' Mama was born out of a desire to connect with other parents. I started the site when my son was born and it has grown and diversified along with our family's life journey.
Tell Us About Yourself:
I am a Southern California native and work part-time as a Pediatric nurse. I have two children, and together, we explore and showcase the best of our city. I grew up at Southern California's theme parks, and have always loved the familiar, family-centric atmosphere of Knott's. When we are not discovering something new and wonderful here in the OC, I'm typically exploring my foodie side, testing out new recipes in my kitchen.
Favorite Knott's Memory:
My father loved the thrill of the amusement park and he is the one who instilled a fearlessness within me. I remember the first time he took me on Montezuma's Revenge. Despite the fact that I was terrified, I knew that I'd be safe with him. It is because of him that I grew a love for Knott's. We also had an opportunity to light the Christmas tree one year at Knott's during Merry Farm and my kids still talk about it to this day.
Top Three Must Do's for People Visiting the Park:
- Try one of Knott's many Boysenberry eats/treats. Their chefs are incredibly imaginative and are always looking for ways to creatively showcase their signature berry.
- Spend some time exploring Ghost Town, which is rich in history. Some of the more unique experiences you can enjoy include demos by the town Blacksmith, and a "lesson" from one of Knott's teachers at the Schoolhouse.
- Visit the Craft Village during the holidays
Any Fun Tips for People Visiting the Park:
- If you are local, purchase a season pass. There is no greater value and you'll enjoy all of Knott's seasons of fun for an incredible price
- If you are able, visit during the week or early in the day to avoid long wait times for rides and attractions.
- If you plan to visit more than once during the year, invest in a meal plan.
- Stop by Knott's Bakery and/or Marketplace on the way out. We love picking up baked goods to take home. The Marketplace also sells jellies, jams, baking mixes, and more to bring a piece of the park home with you.
All Of Our Favorites
Season of Fun: Knott's Boysenberry Festival
Peanuts Character: Snoopy
Ride: Timber Mountain Log Ride
Show: Merry Christmas Snoopy Ice Show
Food Item: Boysenberry Icee Float
Merchandise item: Snoopy Popcorn Bucket