This week on the Knott's Berry Blog, we'll be continuing our weekly series where we feature each one of our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors. Our Knott's Anniversary Ambassadors are part of a yearly program where we work with prominent local bloggers who have a passion for all things Knott's!
This week we'll be featuring Clementine County.
Link to Outlet
Tell us about your outlet:
Clementine County is a place for makers, people who love making crafts, recipes, and memories.
Tell us about yourself:
Hi! I’m Melanie, and I’m a maker. I make crafts, recipes, and memories here in Southern California. My husband Matt and I have three daughters and love spending time at Knott’s. I adore strolling the park, but never pass up a chance to ride the coasters.
Favorite Knott's Memory:
Like many who grew up in Southern California, I have so many memories from my childhood at Knott’s Berry Farm. I love that I can bring my own children to create similar memories for them. But I also treasure my adult night out’s with my best friends at the farm! A bunch of us gathered together to test out the brand new HangTime, got up to speed with Xcelerator, and relived our childhoods.
Top Three Must Do's for People Visiting the Park:
- Explore Calico – One of the most unique elements of Knott’s Berry Farm is its ghost town. Take a trip down memory lane and through American history by roaming amongst the historic buildings that Walter Knott brought to the park.
- Catch a wave – There’s so much nostalgia at Knott’s, but there are also new thrills you won’t want to miss like HangTime, the dive coaster that will have you suspended at unbelievable heights.
- Eat something berry delicious – Famous for its berry stand roots, Knott’s Berry Farm has some seriously amazing food. We stock up at the General Store on berry-flavored goodies like jelly beans, taffy, and, of course, jams. If you don’t have funnel cake, you didn’t do Knott’s right.
Any Fun Tips for People Visiting the Park:
- You know what’s fun? Saving money! Knott’s is a budget-friendly destination for families. You can save even more by purchasing the annual passholder add-ons like the meal plan or reusable beverage cups.
- Another tip I have is to start your Knott’s day early! We try to arrive 30 minutes before the park opens. That gives us time to stroll, window shop, and grab a Boysenberry Frappuccino from Starbucks.
- One last tip: don’t forget about the Marketplace. We’ve been known to stop by the Marketplace bakery for our celebrations even on days when we aren’t in the park. You can get complimentary parking for shopping for collectibles, tasty treats, and legendary meals.
All Of Our Favorites
Season of Fun: I’ve never met a theme I didn’t like. I absolutely adore the park décor, food, and fun of the PEANUTS Celebration. Totally Instagrammable photo backdrops are paired with surprise character experiences making it such a darling memory-maker for fans of Knott’s and the comic strip.
Peanuts Character: I’m totally swept up in Spike fandom right now. He made his appearance at Knott’s in 2020, and now I can’t get enough of the desert-dwelling brother of Snoopy.
Ride/Attraction: I’ve never met a coaster I didn’t like! My favorites are GhostRider and HangTime…and you can’t make me choose between the two of them!
Show: There isn’t a more charming time of year to visit Knott’s Berry Farm than the Christmas season. It’s heartwarming to see the garland and twinkling lights. A must-visit during the season is the Snoopy on Ice show. It’s got the perfect mix of nostalgia and wow-factor. You won’t believe what the skaters can do!
Food Item: I’m all about the sweets! On a hot day, you’ll find me with a swirl of boysenberry soft serve.
Merchandise item: My favorite merchandise items are the home goods! I love looking around my house and seeing reminders of the farm every day. I’ve been adding to my collection with things like berry shaped measuring spoons. They go perfectly with my vintage Knott’s collection.