PERFORMANCE IN THE PARK
Let your bands, choirs & dance groups take center stage!
September-December 31, 2019 - $35
January-April 30, 2020 - $36
May-December 31, 2020 - $37
Reward the hard work of your marching band or performance group with a unique performance opportunity AND a day of rip-roaring FUN at Knott's Berry Farm! Our Performance in the Park program is a superb chance for your students to share their talents in an exciting environment with thousands of spectators. Our guests love music in the park, so bring your students to be a part of the fun!
Select Performance in the Park events include performance competitions and adjudicated music festivals, so contact us to match your group’s specialty with the right opportunity.
While not performing, your students can cut loose and enjoy all the benefits of a fantastic day at Knott's Berry Farm. Let them take in all the world-class rides, attractions and live shows while making memories with friends that will last a lifetime. Add our all-inclusive catering to your package to make your day complete.
In partnership with
Performance Guidelines and Ticket Information
- All performances are required to be 25-30 minutes in length.
- Please allow up to 30 minutes for security clearance/bag check.
- Equipment, props, or clothing CANNOT be stored, and cannot be secured backstage. You are responsible for all items your group brings to the Park. All performers and chaperones must carry their instruments, props, costumes, and equipment to and from your vehicle. Knott's Berry Farm will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles. No outside food will be allowed inside the Theme Park and are subject to search upon entering.
- Load in assistance for large equipment is scheduled 1 (one) hour before your scheduled showtime. Please arrive on time. No early load in assistance will be provided. You must request load in assistance on your application. Refer to Knott's Berry Farm Load in Guidelines for approved equipment. Groups that have scheduled load in assistance will arrive at Knott's Berry Farm Western Avenue Receiving area. (8340 Western Avenue, Buena Park 90620). Equipment vehicles will only off-load equipment. Adult chaperones will be allowed in this area. Students are not allowed in this area. Any additional load in requests must be made on your application and are subject to approval.
- The stage location for your group’s performance may change without notice. Your Performance in the Park coordinator will notify your group prior to your arrival if a change has been made.
- The Fiesta Plaza Stage is 18” off the ground and measures 24’ X 14’. This is a tented area. The area around the stage may be used for your performance and measures 59’x26’. The audience is standing room only. No chairs will be provided for spectators.
- Knott's Berry Farm will provide music chairs, music stands, wired microphones/stands, CD player/mp3 playback adapter, choral risers and a sound technician.
- All audio playback needs to come on 1 (one) digital device (iPod, mp3, etc.) or CD. Groups are not permitted to stream tracks from music services (YouTube, Spotify, etc.) for your performance. All audio playback will be routed through Knott's Berry Farm sound system.
- Your setlist must be pre-approved by Knott's Berry Farm. Songs must be clean and family-friendly. Knott's Berry Farm reserves the right to refuse a song choice.
- Ensure that your group is at the performance stage 30 minutes prior to performance, so that the show will begin as scheduled. Performance times are limited and cannot conflict with the Park’s regularly scheduled shows. Knott's Berry Farm reserves the right to shorten or cancel the performance of any group that is not ready to begin on time.
- Chaperones must accompany the group backstage while the group is preparing for their performance. The group cannot be left unattended at any time. Chaperones must be at least 18 (eighteen) years of age. Only chaperones and performers will be allowed backstage. No videotaping, filming, and/or photography of any kind are permitted backstage.
- Costuming for your performance must be suitable for a family-oriented Theme Park atmosphere. Groups may wear school uniform shirt. No bare feet or sandals are allowed. Two-piece costumes with low necklines, short tops that show the stomach and mini-skirts are not acceptable.
- Props need to be limited or restricted. Props must be small enough to be brought in through the ticket gate turnstiles when entering the Park. After the performance, props must be returned to your vehicle. Weapons used as props are not allowed inside the Park.
- A dressing room will be available 30 minutes prior to performance. Dressing room must be cleared of all belongings 15 minutes after performance. You may NOT use park restrooms to change, before or after a performance. Restrooms are intended for and must always be available to our guests. Changing is to be done in the designated dressing room only, not in any other backstage area, courtyard, etc. No exceptions will be made.
- Please keep in mind that this is a Theme Park and the stage is outdoors in an opened area. There will be sounds (music and other elements) that we cannot control. We require family-friendly and appropriate upbeat, high energy, high volume music for performances. Your group’s performance will be evaluated. This evaluation will be reviewed and may determine your eligibility to return.
- Knott's Berry Farm accepted your participation based upon the application material submitted. Should the performance vary in costuming or show content from that indicated in the application material, your group’s performance may be subject to cancellation at Knott's Berry Farm discretion.
- Knott's Berry Farm reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or alter any performance due to improper dress, improper behavior, lack of cooperation, late arrival, inclement weather, or for any reason Knott's Berry Farm deems necessary.
- If inclement weather is predicted on date of performance, you may reschedule for a different date. Please contact Youth Sales directly at 714.220.5166 or our Entertainment Department at 714.220.5386. Performances will go on rain or shine. Safety is our primary concern. If it is deemed unsafe to perform due to weather, the performance may be moved to another performance time, if available.
- Purchase of Park tickets is required. Group rates are available for performers, as well as support team. One chaperone ticket is complimentary for every 15 tickets purchased. A minimum of 15 tickets purchased is required. Tickets must be pre-purchased with Youth Group Sales 3 weeks prior to performance date. If performers have a valid Knott's Berry Farm Season Pass and entering through our Western Park Entrance, please bring a photocopy of the season pass along with the actual pass for admission.
- Should your group cancel for any reason, all pre-purchased tickets must returned. Knott's Berry Farm will refund any monies paid by the group via check, issued to the organization. The group will be liable for any tickets that are not returned.
- For groups parking in our Western parking lot, please call 714.220.5386, 30 minutes prior to arrival so we may have the parking lot opened. If group is arriving in individual vehicles, please have all vehicles together prior to arriving at the Western parking lot as the lot will be secured after arrival. Parking fees apply to all vehicles.
- The director grants Knott's Berry Farm and/or any of its affiliated companies the right to videotape, film, photograph your group during your performance and the right to use those reproductions in any type of electronic and/or print media.
- The director has read and understood the terms of this agreement and all other information included and has informed all members of the group, including parents and chaperones of the policies and procedures.
Performance Equipment Load-In Guidelines
|Baritorne Sax||Flute/Piccolo||Bass Trombone||
|PERCUSSION||OTHER INSTRUMENTS||MISCELLANEOUS GEAR|
|Drum Kits/Trap Kits||
Bongos, Blocks, Shakers & Other Small Percussions
|Amps w/o Wheels for Guitar, Bass & Keys||Guitars & Bass Guitars||Very Large or Heavy Props w/o Wheels||
Marching Band, Color Guard or Drill Team Equipment
|Timpani w/o Wheels||Timpani w/Oversized Wheels||Electric Keyboards w/o Wheels||Electric Keyboards w/Wheels||Small Props|
|Xylophones, Vibes, Chimes, & Mirambas w/o Wheels||Xylophones, Vibes, Chimes & Mirambas w/Wheels||Costumes|
|Concert Bass Drums||Snare Drums||
|Concert Toms||Personal Bags|
Please use the email confirmation as your ‘invoice’ to obtain payment from your organization.
- Knott’s Berry Farm Accepts: Major Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover/NOVUS, Amex), School/Organization Check/Money Order/Cashier Check (made payable to Knott’s Berry Farm), Cash (accepted at Guest Relations/Group Sales)
- Not Accepted: Personal Checks
PRE-PAY TO RECEIVE TICKETS IN ADVANCE
We recommend that you prepay for your group tickets at least 3 weeks before your scheduled event date so we can ship the tickets to you.
- FREE shipping within the USA as long as payment is received by Knott’s Berry Farm Youth Sales office at least three weeks in advance. Restrictions apply to shipments outside the USA. Prepaid orders that cannot be shipped will be held for the group leader at Knott’s Berry Farm Guest Relations Window.
- If needed, the group leader can purchase additional tickets (for the same price) at the Guest Relations Window by calling the Youth Sales office in advance.
- The group leader must mail back any extra tickets for a refund*.
*Youth Sales Refunds: Only tickets with the value that were purchased through Knott’s Berry Farm Youth Sales will be considered for a refund. (Chaperone tickets do not have a value.) Tickets that were obtained with a Purchase Order are NOT eligible for a refund. Tickets must be submitted within 30 days after visit fully attached; ticket stubs or tickets missing its stub will not be accepted for refund. When returning tickets, properly seal the envelope and send using a traceable method. Groups must return any chaperone tickets that they no longer qualify for; otherwise, the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly. NOTE: This adjustment may 1) result in a lesser refund amount than anticipated or 2) make you ineligible for a refund. If your ticket return drops your original purchase below the 15 ticket minimum required for the discount program; you are no longer eligible for a refund. A check refund will be payable and mailed to the organization listed in the reservation. Please allow 4–6 weeks to process qualifying refund. Some Special Event Tickets are non-refundable.
Prices, hours, dates, schedules and policies are subject to change without notice. Visit knotts.com for the most up-to-date park information.
Bus Parking Information
Knott’s Berry Farm and Soak City Parking
Heading southbound on Beach Boulevard, please stay in the left-hand lane and make a left turn on La Palma Avenue, a right turn on Stanton Avenue and a right turn on Crescent Avenue. At Beach Boulevard, make a right turn to head northbound, the entry ramp for the parking lot will be on the right-hand side.
Parking cost * $25.00 per bus/* $ 20.00 per auto. If buses are dropping off students, follow directions given by our Traffic Department on Grand Avenue. Buses will not be allowed to drop off in front of Main Gate. Please note that buses parked in the surrounding businesses’ parking lots or neighborhoods will be towed.
Bus Driver Park Admission
Bus drivers can present their commercial driver’s license at our Guest Relations window to receive a courtesy park admission ticket for the day.
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Please note: In the event of inclement weather or unscheduled maintenance, certain rides may not be available. Programs, venues, dates, and fees are subject to change and/or cancellation.