HangTime, the first and only dive coaster in California, is now open at Knott's Berry Farm! HangTime towers 150 feet over the Boardwalk area showcasing a beyond vertical drop that is the steepest in California, gravity-defying inversions, and mid-air suspensions.
Steepest Drop In California – 96 Degrees
First and Only Dive Coaster In California
Top Speed – 57 MPH
Height Requirement – Only 48 Inches
A SIGHT TO BEHOLD
HangTime transforms as the sun sets each night by illuminating the Boardwalk area with vibrant nighttime track chase lighting offering a spectacular view unlike any other.
5 GRAVITY DEFYING INVERSIONS
1. Negative-G Stall Loop
5. Cobra Roll
TAKE A VIRTUAL RIDE IN THE FRONT SEAT OF HANGTIME
The surfing themed roller coaster sends guests up a 150-foot vertical lift hill before coming to a halt once the highest peak is reached, leaving riders suspended at the crest for several seconds at a 60-degree angle, giving the illusion of a disappearing track. Then the train suddenly descends into a beyond-vertical drop, through 2,189 feet of steel track and five gravity-defying inversions. Come ride Knott’s Berry Farm newest roller coaster for an experience like no other.
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- HangTime takes riders up a 15-story lift hill, and suspends them at the top, before descending down a 96-degree drop.
- Please notify the Guest Service Associate on the loading platform, by having a member of your party enter through the exit. The Guest Service Associate will direct you to the wheelchair lift and assist you in boarding the train.
- Each rider must be able to remain sitting up straight, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seatback, and their hands, arms, legs, and feet down and inside the ride at all times. Riders must be able to hold on with one functioning arm. Guests must have sufficient lower extremities in order for the ride restraint system to restrain them adequately. Amputations must be at the knee or below if the rider has to have a normal center of gravity, and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Guests with a cervical collar, a neck brace, broken collar bone, or casts must not ride. Guests with any prosthesis should not participate unless they can ensure the device is adequately secured and will remain in place during the ride. The restraint system may not be able to accommodate guests of exceptional size. Guests whose heads cannot be placed on the headrest in normal position will not be permitted to ride. Loose articles are not allowed on this ride and should be left with a non-riding member of the party. Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
- No casts or broken bones.
- Service animals cannot accompany the guest on this attraction.
- This attraction uses strobe lights.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.