Rocket 0-82 mph in 2.3 seconds as you fly 205 feet into the air before immediately hurtling 90 degrees straight down on Xcelerator The Ride® roller coaster at Knott's Berry Farm. Slick back your hair and grab your leather jacket; happy days are here again! This high-octane coaster fires up its engines on the Boardwalk with chrome-plated, flame-emblazoned '57 Chevys and speed.
From the minute you enter the station, you're transported back to the time of greasers, beatniks, and cubes. Step up to the platform and fasten yourself into one of the yellow and orange flame-emblazoned, candy-apple red or purple fin-tailed hot rods. You are now in the passenger seat and the driver is racing for pink slips. Hold on tight and make sure your knuckles are white because this baby burns rubber across 2,202 feet of cool coral track.
Height Requirement: 52”
- Acceleration: 0-82 MPH in 2.3 Seconds
- Speed: 82 MPH
- Height: 205 Feet
- Length: 2,202 Feet
- Vertical Angle: 90°
- Duration: 1:02
- 1 Minute 2 Seconds
- Max Speed
- 82 MPH
- Track Length
- 2,202 Feet
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- The Xcelerator is a ‘50s themed roller coaster that will accelerate you from 0 to 82 miles per hour in 2.3 seconds. This coaster will transport its riders to a height of 205 feet, before completing two hairpin turns.
- Wait at the exit gate, and a Guest Service Associate will be able to assist you. A Guest Service Associate will direct the guest and his/her escort to a seat.
- The guest with mobility impairments must be able to board the train on his/her own. Because of the forces experienced on this ride, riders must have the ability to support their upper body. The rider should be able to maintain an upright and stable position while riding. The rider must have both functioning legs. Guests with any type of prosthesis should not participate unless they can ensure the device is properly secured and will remain in place during the ride. If there is any concern about the prosthesis becoming dislodged during the ride, the guest should ask for a Ride Operations Supervisor for assistance. Prosthetic devices must be secured.
- Each rider must be able to remain sitting up straight, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seatback, and their hands, arms, legs, and feet down and inside the ride at all times. Riders must be able to hold on with one functioning arm and brace with two functioning legs. Riders must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Guests with a cervical collar, a neck brace, broken collar bone, full leg cast, or a full arm cast must not ride. Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
- The lap bar system in the vehicle is designed so that the guest must place one leg on each side of the lap bar support. Also, the lap bar must be able to be properly secured in a locked position across the rider’s pelvic area.
- All riders must be able to fit in the seat inside of the safety restraint system. The restraint system may not be able to accommodate guests of exceptional size.
- Loose articles are not allowed on this ride and should be left with a non-riding member of the party.
- Service animals cannot accompany the guest on this attraction.
- This attraction uses strobe lights.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.