Knott's Berry Farm Cookbook Recipe - Butterfield Stage Spare Ribs
Food is such a special part of Knott's, and to honor our history, a Knott's Berry Farm Cookbook has been created with over 30 recipes listed below.
Knott's Berry Farm Cookbook Includes:
- Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken
- Mrs. Knott's Buttermilk Biscuits
- Cherry Rhubarb Sauce
- Mashed Potatoes and Country Gravy
- Chicken Fried Steak and Gravy
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ghost Town Grill Beef Stew
- Mrs. Knott's Chicken Salad
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Boysenberry BBQ Italian Meatballs
- Cornbread Muffin
- Butterfield Stage Spareribs
- Pulled Pork
- Pork Chops in a Lemon Caper Sauce
- Raspberry Salad
- Boysenberry Pie
- Cinnamon Sugar Churro
- Fresh Strawberry and Cream Tart
- Boysenberry Macaroon with Boysenberry Buttercream
- Boysenberry Margarita
- Boysenberry Mojito
- Boysenberry Sangria
- Boysenberry Mimosa
- Boysenberry Basil Lemonade
- Boysenberry BBQ Sauce
- Mrs. Knott's All Purpose Dressing
- Belgian Waffle with Peral Sugar and Maple Cream Cheese Syrup
- Berry Crisp
- Popovers and Boysenberry Butter
All recipes included in the Cookbook have helped shape the Farm over the last hundred years. Keep reading for a small taste of the new cookbook - a recipe for Butterfield Stage Spare Ribs.
Visit our Online Marketplace to order the full Knott's Berry Farm Cookbook and to buy your Berry Market products.
Knott's Berry Farm Butterfield Stage Spare Ribs Recipe
What You Will Need
For The Ribs
- 2 Pounds Spareribs
- Salt and pepper to season
For The Sauce
- ¼ cup Mrs. Knott’s All-Purpose Dressing, see below for instructions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Berry Market Honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup vinegar
For the All-Purpose Dressing (will need for sauce)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
How to Make
Steps for Ribs
1. Cut the rack into individual ribs
2. Season with salt and pepper and render off the fat by placing it in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes. Pour off all the fat.
Steps for All-Purpose Dressing
1. Mix mayonnaise, relish, ketchup, lemon juice, horseradish, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl, season with salt.
Steps for Sauce
1. In a saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
2. Roll each rib in the sauce to coat
3. Bake in 350 degree Fahrenheit over for 35 minutes, turning every 10-15 minutes.
4. If the Ribs are very thick, they may take an additional 15 minutes.