A Message from Jon Storbeck, Vice President & General Manager of Knott's Berry Farm
August 4, 2020 Update
We have been so grateful for the opportunity to welcome guests back to Knott’s Berry Farm to enjoy our recently introduced Knott’s Taste of Calico event as well as the unique experiences in our California Marketplace, despite the challenges that have come with the COVID-19 pandemic. I want to thank our guests and associates for making Knott’s a safe place to visit during this challenging time. We appreciate everyone’s support and cooperation with the park’s new health and safety measures – we are getting through this together.
Although we continue to work with government officials as well as health and safety experts on developing guidance to re-opening the full theme park, we are unfortunately still unable to announce an opening date. However, we remain optimistic for the remainder of 2020 and want to share a few important park updates:
- Starting August 21, guests can enjoy an all-new outdoor dining and retail experience in a way that only Knott’s Berry Farm could offer, with the all-new Taste of Knott’s. Expanding upon the Taste of Calico experience, Taste of Knott’s will celebrate 100 years of classic flavors from around the park with unique food, drink and merchandise offerings. Guests may enjoy Taste of Knott’s throughout Ghost Town, Fiesta Village and the Boardwalk area on weekends through September 13. We look forward to offering more of these unique dining and retail experiences until we are able to reopen the theme park fully.
- Also, on August 21, the Knott’s Berry Farm Hotel will reopen for lodging. Guests may learn more about special Taste of Knott’s hotel packages at Knotts.com.
- In the meantime, guests may continue to enjoy select offerings from the California Marketplace including alfresco dining on Grand Avenue from Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant, Knott’s Chicken-to-Go Restaurant, the Farm Bakery and Berry Market as well as items from our specialty retail stores.
- Regrettably, due to continued operating restrictions related to the pandemic, we have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel our highly anticipated 2020 Knott’s Scary Farm event. The unique features of Scary Farm will not allow us to operate within the constraints recommended by the CDC and public health experts. We know that this news is disappointing, but we look forward with great enthusiasm to making 2021 Knott’s Scary Farm our best year ever.
- When we can fully reopen the park, we look forward to introducing Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair, our all-new 4D interactive dark ride that celebrates a beloved classic attraction with a reimagined gaming twist. Guests will climb aboard themed vehicles equipped with “jelly blasters” to try to recover stolen boysenberry pies as they travel through whimsical environments such as the Boysenberry Pie Factory, Frog Forest, Fortune Teller Camp and Weird Woods. The ride culminates in a celebration at the County Fair.
Please keep in mind that all 2020 Season Passes and add-on products have been extended through 2021. Our entire team is hard at work getting ready for what will be a fantastic year ahead, including our rescheduled Knott’s 100th Anniversary celebration!
We all look forward to having fun safely for the rest of this season and beyond. There’s still plenty of summer fun to enjoy this year with the new Taste of Knott’s outdoor event, plus Knott’s California Marketplace retail and dining venues.
Again, I want to thank you for your continued support. I hope to see you on the Farm very soon!
General Frequently Asked Questions
May I get a refund on my park admission ticket?
If you purchased an admission ticket to Knott’s Berry Farm for a specific date that cannot be used while we are closed, your ticket will be extended through December 31, 2021, and can be used any public operating day at Knott’s Berry Farm. Unexpired Good Any Day tickets may be used on any one public operating day at Knott’s Berry Farm through December 31, 2021. Tickets not valid for Knott’s Scary Farm or special ticket events.
If you have Group Sales tickets, contact your group organizer/leader for details. Group organizers/leaders should contact their park sales representatives directly.
The above policy also applies to add-on products such as Fast Lane, All-Day Dining, Single Meal Deal, and Parking.
Will 2020 single day tickets be good for 2021?
All day tickets purchased for 2020 will be valid for any regular operating day through 2021.
What are your cleanliness and sanitization standards and procedures?
Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitization of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
- Quick response to spills, trash, and other situations;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches, and trash cans;
- Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines
The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.
As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national, and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.
Season Pass Frequently Asked Questions
How does the closure impact my 2020 Season Pass and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons* (if applicable)
2020 Season Passes and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable) Valid Through December 31, 2021
- 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our parks re-open. Additionally, 2020 Regular, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will remain valid through the 2021 Season, ending December 31, 2021.
Easy Pay Payments Paused
- For 2020 Season Passholders participating in our Easy Pay Program, monthly billing has been suspended as of April 4, 2020, and will remain suspended while the park is closed. When the park reopens, billing will resume. Passholders will need to be current on attempted payments to receive both 2020 and 2021 Season Pass admission and associated benefits.
What do I need to do to get my season pass extended?
- Your payments must be in good standing for the Season Pass to be extended through 2021.
- No other action is required from you.
Do I qualify for the 2021 extension if I bought after 4/4/20?
Yes – all 2020 Knott’s Berry Farm Season Passholders who are in good standing will have their Season Pass and Season Pass Add-ons (if applicable) extended through 2021, regardless of when the purchase was made.
If I purchase on the Easy Pay payment plan after 4/4/20, will my payments be suspended during the park closure?
Yes – you will pay the initial payment plus applicable taxes and fees at checkout and your future monthly payments will be suspended until the park reopens.
What does “according to your pass type” mean?
- The benefits and entitlements will be the same in 2021 as they are in 2020. For example, if you have a 2020 Regular Pass, you will have a Regular Pass through 2021, and if you have a 2020 Gold Pass, you will have a Gold Pass through 2021.
- 2020 Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through the 2021 season.
When does my Season Pass account need to be in good standing in order to qualify for the 2021 extension offer?
- All payments must be current by 12/31/20 in order for your pass to be extended into 2021.
- If billing continues into 2021, payments must continue to be current for all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-ons to remain active in 2021.
- Payments must also be current to use your pass for 2020 visits.
- If any attempted payment fails, all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-Ons on that order will be deactivated until the payment is made in the online Payment Portal.
When does my 2020 Season Pass Expire?
All 2020 Season Passes and purchased Season Pass Add-Ons will be valid for the remainder of the 2020 season once the park reopens, plus the entire 2021 season ending 12/31/21. All 2020 add-ons, with the exception of the Scary Farm Pass, will also be valid through 12/31/21. The Scary Farm Pass is valid for the 2020 season only.
How can I upgrade my 2020 Season Pass?
Season Pass upgrades can be done at the park once it reopens and while 2020 season passes are on sale. If a Season Pass is upgraded, the upgraded pass type will be extended into the 2021 season. If a Season Pass is upgraded, the upgraded pass type will be extended into the 2021 season.
Can I still purchase 2020 Add-Ons?
Yes – you can purchase any 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons at knotts.com and they will also be extended through 12/31/21 as long as your account is in good standing.
What will happen if I signed up for the Auto-Renewal program online when I purchased my Season Pass?
The Season Pass Auto-Renewal program will not be in effect for the 2021 Season. Your 2020 Season Pass will not auto-renew to a 2021 Season Pass this September because your 2020 Season Pass and Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 Season. No action is required of you at this time.
When the park reopens, will my Easy Pay payments continue monthly?
Once billing resumes, you will be billed the normal monthly amount for however many months remain to finish paying your full balance due.
Payments will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
As long as you remain current on attempted payments, your Season Pass and associated Season Pass Add-Ons will remain active.
If you’d prefer to make a single catch-up payment, you can log into the Payment Portal and select “Make a Payment” in the portal to pay all the payments that have been missed. Or, you can pay the full balance at any time.
Will I be notified when my Easy Pay payments start again and will they remain on the same date each month that they were previously?
We will notify you prior to resuming your payment plan via your email on file. In some cases, we may have more than one email address for you. To ensure you receive all notifications and payment confirmations, you may wish to confirm your email address on both your Payment Portal account and your park website login, if you have an existing park website account. If you don’t have a website login, you can create an account here.
Once payments resume, they will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
How do I make an Easy Pay payment before billing resumes or in the future?
If you’d like to resume monthly payments, please contact us online with the request to remove the suspension from your account. Please include your name and the order number so we can process this request. Please allow 7-10 days for the request to be processed.
You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase. Select “Make a Payment” in the portal. You can pay the full balance at any time. Or to make your monthly payment, please log in on or after the date your payment would have normally processed.
While payments are suspended, making a payment in the portal won’t change that suspension. Your future payments will remain suspended, but you can visit the online portal in the future to make additional payments. After billing resumes, if you make a payment online but still have future payments remaining, they will bill on the same day of the month you are normally billed.