GhostRider is the longest, tallest, and fastest wooden roller coaster on the West Coast! Looming 118 feet over historic Ghost Town, GhostRider is the largest attraction at Knott’s Berry Farm and one of the longest and tallest wooden roller coasters in the world.
Brave riders enter a mysterious mine and board gold, silver or copper mining car before being sent galloping along over 4,500 feet of twisting timber. The massive roller coaster includes 14 hills providing tons of air time throughout the nearly three minute journey. For the ultimate thrill, take a ride at night when every twist and turn is hidden in darkness.
GhostRider has been routinely featured on the lists of the best wooden coasters in the entire world since opening in 1998. In late 2015 through spring 2016, a complete track refurbishment was performed on the ride creating an improved ride experience with a smoother track and new trains.
Height Requirement: 48”
- Height: 118 Feet
- Speed: 56 MPH
- Length: 4,533 Feet
- Duration: 2:40
- 2 Minutes
- Max Speed
- 56 MPH
- Max Height
- 118 FT
- Track Length
- 4,533 FT
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- The GhostRider is the tallest, longest, and fastest wooden roller coaster in the Western United States. The GhostRider combines state of the art thrills with an old west flavor.
- To access the attraction loading area, please see the Guest Service Associate at the midway entrance to the GhostRider building. If a Guest Service Associate is not present, please have the Guest Service Associate at the GhostRider Goods shop, across the midway, assist you.
- Each rider must be able to remain sitting up straight, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seatback, and their hands, arms, legs, and feet down and inside the ride at alt times. Riders must be able to hold on with one functioning arm and brace with one functioning leg. Riders must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient, instead of three functioning extremities, if the rider has a normal center of gravity, and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below. Guests with a cervical collar, a neck brace, broken collar bone, full leg cast, or a full arm cast must not ride. Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
- No casts or broken bones.
- Service animals cannot accompany the guest on this attraction.
- This attraction uses strobe lights.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.