A new expedition in an uncharted territory awaits eager explorers with Calico River Rapids, now open at Knott's Berry Farm. Knott’s white water raft ride, formerly known as BigFoot Rapids, has undergone a major renovation with the addition of new features to the attraction including new animatronics, themed show scenes, a new story overlay and plenty of dynamic water effects.
Calico River Rapids takes voyagers on a search for new land through the outskirts of Calico. Rafters encounter a variety of wild surprises along the way, such as roaring rapids, and indigenous wildlife. The circular raft ride, which seats six passengers, traverses through unexpected twists and turns, rushing waters and rapid currents as it navigates the unexplored river path.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Calico River Rapids is a thrilling, outdoor white water river raft ride that will spin and splash passengers as they take a wet and wild trip down a raging California river. Along the way, you will careen past towering cliffs, brave fast-moving currents, and dodge soaring geysers.
- Proceed to the exit located to the left of the attraction entrance. Wait at the top of the loading area access ramp, located to the left just before the exit stairs.
- Riders should be able to enter the raft under their own power, or with some assistance from their companion. Entering the raft requires transferring down two, 8” steps to the bottom of the raft.
- Guests who fear rapidly moving water, who are prone to motion sickness, or are unable to be wet or soaked should take this into consideration before riding.
- Loose articles are not recommended on this ride, because they will get wet and possibly damaged. They should be left with a non-riding member of the party.
- Each rider must be able to remain sitting up straight, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seatback, and their hands, arms, legs, and feet down and inside the ride at all times. Riders must be able to hold on with one functioning arm and brace with one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient if the rider has a normal center of gravity, and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below. Riders must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Guests with a cervical collar, a neck brace, or a broken collar bone must not ride. Riders with a full leg cast can participate, providing the leg cast can fit inside of the ride, and the restraint system can be used as designed. Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
- Service animals cannot accompany the guest on this attraction.
- NOTE: If your party is six or less, proceed to the top of the access ramp. If the party is larger than six, then follow the instructions on your access pass.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.