Get ready to ride through the Wild West like never before on the Pony Express roller coaster at Knott’s Berry Farm. Named after the famous Pony Express mail service, this roller coaster rides at speeds never imagined in the Old West! Passengers saddle up onto their “horses” and sit astride on this unique coaster.
Riders are launched out of the station while reaching a top speed of 38 MPH in less than three seconds. The riders and their “horses” cover a 1,300-foot route which takes them past rapids, Boot Hill and the Calico Railroad resulting in an exhilarating runaway adventure that is sure to leave guests smiling from ear-to-ear! Pony Express is the perfect intermediate coaster designed for families to enjoy together without any inversions or large drops.
Height Requirement: 48”
- Acceleration: 0 – 38 MPH in 3 Seconds
- Speed: 38 MPH
- Height: 43 Feet
- Length: 1,300 Feet
- Duration: 35 Seconds
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- While sitting astride one of the team’s 16 horses, riders will leave their post with their steed launching them at a speed of 0-38 mph in less than 3 seconds. The terrain for the mounted riders will be rugged as they navigate an ascending banked turn to a height of over 44 ft. then through a series of heart-pounding 60-degree banked turns, camelbacks, and tight maneuvers. The team will cover a 1,252-foot route, which will take them past Boot Hill and Calico River Rapids, resulting in an exhilarating runaway adventure!
- Enter through the exit, located to the left of the attraction’s entrance, and wait at the top of the exit ramp. A Guest Service Associate will direct the guest and their escort to a seat.
- To board the ride, riders must be able to transfer onto the seat. To transfer to the seat, riders must be able to step up 8” to the vehicle floor, then sit in a saddle-seated position, that is 2” above the vehicle floor. The restraint system will close, allowing 16” inside of the restraints and 18” wide. Riders must be able to maintain a stable and upright position during the ride. Riders must be able to sit in a saddle-seated position. Also, riders must be able to hold firmly onto the handholds with both hands while riding.
Each rider must be able to remain sitting up straight, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seatback and their hands, arms, legs, and feet down at all times. Riders must be able to hold on with two functioning arms and brace with two functioning legs. Guests with cervical collar, a neck brace or broken collar bone are not permitted to ride. Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Because of the dynamic forces experienced on this attraction:
- Guests prone to seizures, dizziness, claustrophobia, or high blood pressure should not ride.
- Service animals cannot accompany the guest on this attraction.
- This attraction uses strobe lights.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.