One of the world's oldest working Dentzel carousels, this century-old treasure still swirls to the strains of its antique band organ. Climb aboard one of these menagerie carousel's 48 hand-carved animals including lions, tigers, ostriches, camels, zebras, giraffes, pigs, cats and, of course, horses. Throughout the ages, this popular amusement park ride has gone by many names – carousel, roundabout, and merry-go-round. But one element never changes – the world’s love for a simple ride that goes around and around to a soundtrack of cheery music.
The setting is a treat in itself: when you step onto the carousel’s platform, you’re engulfed in amazing artistry with hand-painted murals overhead and intricately crafted characters just waiting to be chosen for a ride. After taking special care to choose the host ride that’s perfect for them, guests young and young at heart will experience pure joy and delight as they spin on this timeless ride. What’s more, it’s a great place to grab a bit of shade on a sunny day.
Height Requirement: 46 inches or accompanied by a supervising companion
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height Accompanied
- Min Height Alone
- The Merry Go Round is a circular ride where guests ride on various circus animals, some of which move up and down.
- Wait at the ride exit located to the left of the attraction entrance. A Guest Service Associate will direct the guest and their escort to a seat.
- To board, you must be able to step or transfer onto a raised platform 10” in height. Once on the platform, the rider must be able to climb onto one of the animals, which are about 36” from the platform deck. Ambulatory guests may ride on the figures provided they can hold on to the 2” diameter brass pole and control their center of gravity while sitting in a saddle position. The rider must be able to maintain a stable and upright posture. Seat belts are available on each figure. Due to the nature of the seat belts on this ride, weight or size restrictions may apply.
- The Merry Go Round rotates at a moderate speed, while a menagerie of animals gently rise and fall to 1’ on individual brass poles. The animals on the outside lower deck do not rise or fall. There are two chariot seats for those riders who prefer to sit on a bench.
- Each rider must be able to exhibit independent postural control under the dynamic conditions of the ride or sit in the chariot with a supervising companion. Riders must be able to hold on with one functioning arm or sit in a chariot with a supervising companion. Riders must be able to brace with one functioning leg and have the ability to straddle the seat. Riders with a full leg cast must sit in the chariot. Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
- Service animals may accompany the guest onto this attraction.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.