A memorable ride that you and your family can enjoy together, our Wave Swinger is a classic swing ride that delivers a mellow -- yet incredibly exhilarating -- experience, as you glide through the air in swings suspended 40 feet above the ground. Under a high canopy of intricate, elaborate murals resembling those on a carousel of ages past, you’ll rotate 360 degrees in a circular, wavelike motion. Arcing upwards and accelerating downwards, you’ll certainly feel each and every element of this time-honored amusement park experience all the way down to your free-floating toes. Enjoy breathtaking views of the park and wave to those below, but make sure to still hold on tight, because you’ll be zipping right along! At night, the Wave Swinger delivers an entirely new experience when its tower and canopy are illuminated with thousands of shimmering lights. You’ll feel like you’re swinging on a star!
Height Requirement: 48 inches
Rider Safety Information
Rider Safety Information
- The Waveswinger features individual seats that are suspended by chains. The ride rotates as it rises, causing the seats to swing out.
- Wait at the ride exit located to the left of the attraction entrance. A Guest Service Associate will direct the guest and their escort to a swing.
- The seats of this ride are elevated 2’ above the ground. The guest or companion must be able to hold the seat steady as they attain a seated position. The seat is 15” wide by 13” deep. The hand-hold on this ride is a horizontal bar that is lowered vertically in front of the rider. The bar is then secured to a strap that is attached to the bottom of the seat. The maximum girth with the hand-hold in the down position is 52”. Riders should have the ability to support their upper body due to the forces of this ride. Due to the nature of the ride system, a maximum weight restriction of 230 lbs. is in effect.
- Each rider must be able to remain sitting up straight, keeping their head upright, their back and shoulders against the seat back at all times. Riders must be able to hold on with one functioning arm and brace with one functioning leg. To participate, riders must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the rider has a normal center of gravity, and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below. Guests with a cervical collar or neck brace or a full leg cast must not ride. Please review all restrictions listed on the sign at the attraction entrance.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.